Day 59: Wed 23 Aug 23 - St George

Wed 23 Aug 23 - St George

Weather: 9 Deg reaching 24 Deg with a slight S - SW wind, clear and sunny all day. 

After another good sleep, I was out of bed and walking along the Balonne river by sun up. It felt little fresher than 9 Deg, but it became a bit more pleasant when the sunlight started peaking through the trees. It was a beautiful morning with plenty of active birdlife, and the walkway is a real focus point in St George - it's a lovely 2km walk along the river and well maintained. After an hour of walking, I returned for breakfast, and tinkered for a while before Noel and I both walked into town for our morning brew at a lovely little cafe. Afterwards, Noel set off on her own for a wander around, while I went and sat in 34 Deg water at the thermal pool. The breeze was a little fresh, and I would have preferred the water to be a tad warmer, but it was nevertheless very soothing. 

I was back at the van by 12pm for lunch. Afterward, I felt the urge for another snooze, it may have been the warm and soothing mineral water, or hayfever caused by the surrounding cotton harvest, and pollen from all the wattle in blossom - or combination of both. After waking from my deep sleep feeling more refreshed, Noel and I went for a drive around the area and out to the local Riversands Winery for a look. It was already mid afternoon, so we decided we will go for a longer drive around the cotton fields tomorrow and return to the winery for lunch. Back at the van, we sat outside for our afternoon brew,  then I set off on the bike for a ride around town. Noel's slow cooker chicken korma curry with lentils and chickpeas for dinner was delicious, and a quiet night watching TV followed ended a very relaxing day. 

St George - Morning walk along the river

St George - Morning walk along the river. The Jack Taylor Weir

St George - Morning walk along the river. The Jack Taylor Weir

St George - Morning walk.  The 2km stretch of shady riverbank concrete walkway, with plenty of birdlife, is fantastic at sunrise.

St George - Morning walk

St George - Morning walk

St George - Morning walk

St George - Still finding new features on my IPhone 14

St George - Dinner tonight was a very tasty slow cooker chicken korma curry with chickpeas and lentils. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 63: Sun 27 Aug 23 - Lightning Ridge

Day 62: Sat 26 Aug 23 - Goodooga to Lightning Ridge

Day 64: Mon 28 Aug 23 - Lightning Ridge to Molong