Day 63: Sun 27 Aug 23 - Lightning Ridge

Sun 27 Aug 23 - Lightning Ridge

Weather:  3 feeling like 1 Deg and clear this morning with a steady NE wind, reaching 26 Deg, cloudy and no wind by mid afternoon. 

It was a slow start to the day, but after coffee, I went out for an extra long walk, about 1.5hrs to the information centre and around town, returning to the van to grab my towel and head across to the Artesian Baths for another dip. It was very hot again this morning, at least 40 Deg, and while sitting there, I struck up a conversation with a retired Vietnamese soldier who came to Australia in 1980. He is traveling in a motorhome with his wife who is unwell, and it was great talking to him and hearing his story.  After returning to the van to get changed, Noel and I  drove into the Main Street for our morning coffee. Having visited Lightning Ridge just two years ago, there wasn’t much more that we wanted to see or do, so the rest of our day, apart from an afternoon drive along a couple of the car door trails to kill some time, was very quiet and relaxing. At 4.30, I decided to have one last dip in the hot Artesian Bath again, then when I returned, I packed away the awning and offside sunshade, then Noel and I sat outside for a refreshing beverage as the sunset. Tomorrow, we leave for home, and with 760km to travel, we will overnight somewhere, but we’re unsure where that will be.


Maybe the year of the Magpie (Noel's AFL Team)

Lightning Ridge Wall Art

Lightning Ridge mining artefacts

Luxury boats parked at the Caravan Park

Lightning Ridge Wall Art

Native wildlife happy to have its photo taken


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 62: Sat 26 Aug 23 - Goodooga to Lightning Ridge

Day 64: Mon 28 Aug 23 - Lightning Ridge to Molong