Day 57: Mon 21 Aug 23 - Roma

Mon 21 Aug 23 - Roma

Weather: 3 Deg this morning reaching 26 by mid afternoon, remaining, clear and sunny with no wind all day. A beautiful day in Roma.

A very slow start to the day - in fact the whole day was slow and relaxed. After breakfast I walked into town and had a wonder around (about 10km). Noel drove in and met me at Bakearoma for mornos at about 1030, then we had a short walk together before returning to the van for lunch. After lunch, I felt the urge to sleep, so I did. When I woke, I felt a bit more alive, then we drove back into town where I dropped Noel off to get a few things, while I found a carwash and gave the car a quick clean, got a haircut and we refuelled on the way back to the van.  We ventured over to the Gun Club Bar for a couple of beers at 5pm, then returned for dinner with another fabulous sunset as backdrop, followed by an early night.

Roma - Sunset after a very quiet day



Roma - Our Site at the Gun Club. 

Roma - Large bitumen sealed sites. Good to see reinvestment into the camping infrastructure, and the result is ever growing popularity. This is just half of the park.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 63: Sun 27 Aug 23 - Lightning Ridge

Day 62: Sat 26 Aug 23 - Goodooga to Lightning Ridge

Day 64: Mon 28 Aug 23 - Lightning Ridge to Molong