Sat 12 Aug 23 - Proserpine
Weather: A bit fresh at 8 Deg this morning, clear with no wind, remaining clear and a very slight ESE breeze all day, reaching an amazing 25 Deg. It was stunning weather today.
A very brief narrative, as its 9.30pm, and I just finished watching the Matildas play France, then I went outside to pack away the awning and equipment for our departure tomorrow morning. I did not anticipate the game going for so long, otherwise I would have done it earlier in the day. It was such a thrilling, edge of the seat, game and obviously a great result.
After a morning walk followed by breakfast, Noel and I decided to give our planned drive to Cape Gloucester and Hideaway Bay today a miss (I didn't feel like driving 130km), so we drove back out to Airlie Beach and Shute Harbour. Unfortunately, Saturday is Market Day at Airlie, and there were far too many people for my liking. We had our morning brew overlooking the beach again which was very nice again, then I left Noel to go browsing while I went for a walk around the foreshore and the boardwalk to the marina and back. After meeting up again, we strolled back through the markets (nothing of interest here) to the car and drove out to Shute Harbour. It was a stunning day, and the water at Airlie and Shute Harbour was an amazing blue. We arrived back at the van for lunch at 1pm, then Noel went and bought a few groceries for our departure tomorrow (planned free camp tomorrow night) while I did a bit of travel planning and booked our stay at Ruby Vale from Wednesday. I was a bit worried we might have left it too late but now have a site booked for 3 nights. When Noel returned, I went and refuelled the car, then, when i retruned, I went for another swim at the public swimming pool next door. The rest of the day included watching the Matildas, having dinner, and preparing for our departure tomorrow morning (and the blog).
 |
| A stunning morning at Airlie Beach |
 |
| A stunning morning at Airlie Beach - Saturday Markets taking place in the background |
 |
| A stroll around the boardwalk to the Marina at Airlie Beach |
 |
| A stroll around the boardwalk to the Marina at Airlie Beach |
 |
| A stroll around the boardwalk to the Marina at Airlie Beach |
 |
| A stroll around the boardwalk to the Marina at Airlie Beach |
 |
| A stroll around the boardwalk to the Marina at Airlie Beach |
 |
| A stroll around the boardwalk to the Marina at Airlie Beach |
 |
| A stroll around the boardwalk to the Marina at Airlie Beach |
 |
| A stroll around the boardwalk to the Marina at Airlie Beach |
 |
| A stroll around the boardwalk to the Marina at Airlie Beach |
 |
| A stroll around the boardwalk to the Marina at Airlie Beach |
 |
| A stroll around the boardwalk to the Marina at Airlie Beach |
 |
| A stroll around the boardwalk to the Marina at Airlie Beach |
 |
| The Lagoon Airlie Beach |
 |
| Airlie Beach |
 |
| Saturday Markets at Airlie Beach |
 |
| Shute Harbour |
 |
| Shute Harbour |
 |
| Shute Harbour |
 |
| Watching the start of the Matildas match - What a thrilling game and great result. |
Comments
Post a Comment