Tue 25 Jul 23 - Yeppoon
Weather: We went to sleep with steady rain and wind increasing overnight, waking this morning with rain clearing and strong gusting SE winds increasing to in excess of 75 km/hr throughout the day. We've had very good to sensational weather for 2.5 weeks in Yeppoon, but today, the wind was horrendous - it felt cyclonic at times. Unfortunately, it is forecast to stay around until we leave on Friday.
After very little sleep last night, mostly due to the wind noise and worrying about the awning taking off (despite anti-flappers and plenty of ropes holding it down), I stepped out of bed tired, and went for a walk to the beach and back again. After breakfast, while Noel escaped for some quiet time, I spent the morning packing away the awning and outdoor gear, rearranging the back of the ute and doing some other chores. After lunch, I decided to visit Uncle in case the nursing home closes to all visitors. Thankfully the majority of COVID cases are in another wing, and Uncle is still testing negative; hopefully staying that way. After my mandatory RAT test, I dressed in PPE and joined Uncle in his room for almost two hours. It was a bit hard at times talking with him across the room as I kept my distance, but I'm glad visited him - I may not see him again this trip. It must be very difficult for him being confined to his room when he likes to go for regular walks around the complex. He is also very active joining others fir organised activities, which are also now on hold. I won't visit him tomorrow, but I will aim to see him again on Thursday before we leave. Back at the van, it was another very quiet afternoon and an evening indoors with strong gusting winds occasionally buffeting the van.
 |
| No one on the beach this morning - very windy. |
 |
| A windy morning at the beach, but the rain was clearing |
 |
| Lots of red and pink - strong gusting winds |
 |
| The Dean family house is finally gone - no the wind didn't take it away |
 |
| Dean family house - finally gone. |
Comments
Post a Comment