Day 27: Sat 22 Jul 23 - Yeppoon

Sat 22 Jul 23 - Yeppoon

Weather: 15 Deg and a 15km/hr W wind at 6am, clear all day, reaching 23 Deg and winds a slight E wind in the afternoon - another stunning day on Capricorn Coast.

Feeling tired from the excitement of our one-day overseas cruise yesterday, we both slept in until 7.30 am. After a heart-starting caffeine fix, I went to BCF to buy a few new bungee straps for the privacy screen, and then went to Bunnings to buy a new towel rack to replace the one I broke in the the bathroom yesterday. By 9am, I had all my chores done, had breakfast and then drove up to spend the morning with Uncle. Noel chose to stay behind to catch up on some washing and other housework. Saturday morning at Capricorn Gardens, a group of volunteers get together and provide real coffee, tea and a variety of cakes, scones and slices etc. The weather was too nice to be indoors, so while I was doing my daily Covid check-in, I called Uncle to come out and join me with other residents and their families for morning tea in the outdoor entertainment area. It was very pleasant until it was time for him to go to lunch at 1145, then we parted ways. On the way back to the van I called in to visit my other Uncles and Aunts (Deans) for a quick hello, wish my Uncle Richard a happy 77th birthday, and caught up briefly with my cousin Helen from Rockhampton who visits on Saturdays to do her parents' shopping.  I eventually got back to the van for lunch at 1pm, then Noel and I drove out to Emu Park and Zilzie, mainly to enjoy the good weather and check out the real estate. After a wander around the Singing Ship and along the wonderful Anzac Memorial walk, we returned to the van for a late coffee, then I went for a bike ride around Yeppoon. On return, I parked the bike, then Noel and I went for a walk down to the beach and back via Coles for a few supplies for dinner. Southern Fried Chicken for Noel and Crispy Skin Salmon for me, both done in the Air Fryer, with chips and salad - we do eat very well, often I think much better (and how we prefer our food cooked) than when dining out. A cleansing red after dinner, watching a game of footy, we're another day closer to our departure next Friday, hoping this wonderful weather stays with us for a while longer.  


The Singing Ship Emu Park

The Singing Ship Emu Park - Despite the very light breeze today (first time in many visits it wasn't blowing a gale), we could hear the musical sounds generated by the sea breezes passing through the organ pipes. 

A spectacular coastal vista of blue water and Great Keppel Island in the background


Emu Park Coastal vista

No visit to Emu Park is complete without a stroll along the ANZAC Memorial Walk 

The ANZAC Memorial Walk - Emu Park


The ANZAC Memorial Walk - Emu Park


The ANZAC Memorial Walk - Emu Park


Emu Park Beach

Emu Park Beach

Emu Park Beach



Ross Creek at low tide.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 63: Sun 27 Aug 23 - Lightning Ridge

Day 62: Sat 26 Aug 23 - Goodooga to Lightning Ridge

Day 64: Mon 28 Aug 23 - Lightning Ridge to Molong