Sun 16 Jul 23 - Yeppoon
Weather: 17 Deg and light drizzle at 6am, becoming partly cloudy, reaching 21 Deg and thankfully, lighter SE winds (15-20km/hr).
A late start today after a much better sleep for us both last night. We had a morning brew in the van before Steven and Leonie dropped by to say goodbye on their way back home. Afterwards, Noel and I walked to the beach and had a long coffee in the warm sunshine at a beachside cafe looking out to the Islands. Afterwards, we walked back to the van then drove out to Rosslyn Bay Harbour to buy some fresh Banana Prawns to take up and share with Uncle in the afternoon. While at the harbour, I walked down to Pebble beach on the seaside of Rosslyn Bay where I often went fishing as a kid with my father and my uncle. Noel is still not feeling well enough to visit the Uncle, so after lunch at the van, I went up and visited Uncle for a couple of hours, eating fresh prawns in his room looking out into the garden. Back at the van, I went for another late afternoon walk enjoying taking photos, returning to the van for a very tasty BBQ dinner, then we settled in for the night.
 |
Day 9 in Yeppoon, but it doesn't seem that long.
|
 |
| Noeleene looking out to sea for inspiration in front of the Yeppoon Surf Life Saving Club on our way to get coffee |
 |
| Pebble beach on the seaside of Rosslyn Bay. When fishing one night off the rocks under the overhang, the tide came in and cut my father and I off from being able to get out. We tried to climb out over the top, but as a kid I was afraid of heights (nothing has changed), so we had to stay put until the tide went out far enough to walk out again. |
 |
| Pebble beach on the seaside of Rosslyn Bay looking back towards Yeppoon |
 |
Afternoon Tea with Uncle...'why am I eating these biscuits after just eating 1/2kg of Prawns'. He's still good on what few teeth he has left. |
 |
Yeppoon Community Library opposite our caravan park - Groucho Marx Wall art with one of his literary quotes "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" |
 |
Groucho Marx Wall art with one of his literary quotes "I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on, I go into another room and read a book" |
 |
| Livingstone Shire Council Community Centre - Opposite the caravan park. |
 |
| Livingstone Shire Council Community Centre Mural |
 |
| The historic and beautiful St Ursula's College which came into being in 1918. |
 |
| Barry Street 3D Octopus mural |
 |
| Barry Street 3D Octopus mural |
 |
| The Darumbal - the traditional owners, Language Stairs |
 |
| Date Palm full of fruit |
 |
| Yeppoon Foreshore - the endangered Capricorn Yellow Chat, a small songbird that lives in coastal areas of Capricornia |
 |
| Yeppoon Foreshore - Amphitheatre Seating - Through the Porthole Images |
 |
| Sunsetting along James Street |
 |
| The original Avenue of Honour (WW1) along James Street. |
Great photos as always. It was very nice to spend time with you and Noeleene. Time went so fast , Leonie and i wished we could of stayed a few more days. Enjoy your stay and travels.
ReplyDelete