Day 19: Fri 14 Jul 23 - Yeppoon

Fri 14 Jul 23 - Yeppoon

Weather: 16 Deg overnight, reaching 22 Deg throughout the day, mostly clear with 15 to 25km/hr SE winds.  

I had a terrible sleep last night, awake at 2am, and only started dozing again from 4am for a couple of hours. I was glad when daylight broke so I could have a coffee and go out for my walk, down to the beach and back for breakfast. At 8am Noel and I picked up Steven and Leonie and drove to the Rockhampton Showgrounds for the Home, Lifestyle and Outdoors Expo. Unfortunately the timing was bad - I underestimated the Rocky peak hour traffic. Once at the showgrounds, we wandered around for about 3 hours checking out an array of caravans, camping gear, 4x4 setups and lots of outdoors stuff. I spent a bit of money on a couple items that I was in the market for, including a Battery Jump Starter (with a range of other functions) and an awning clothes line kit. It was nice checking out other caravans, and while a few different layouts appealed to us, we left decidedly happy with our Red Centre Kimberley, for the time being at least. We stopped for lunch on the way back to Yeppoon, then it was hands too action stations installing the clothes line - measured twice and cut once, no more holes than required, and the cable cut long - not short, we now have to Noeleene's liking a fully functional, ready to use clothes line. A couple of glasses of fine Barossa Red and I was not long out of bed.

Wall Art near the Strand Hotel 



Rockhampton Home, Lifestyle and Outdoors expo. Glad we arrived early because it got very busy.


Rockhampton Home, Lifestyle and Outdoors expo. Some amazing vehicles on display. The Chevrolet Silverado 2500 was very nice, but about $100k more than I would like to spend, not to mention the fuel costs!


The range of campers and inclusions is quite amazing 



A good selection of caravans with surprisingly high costs

A very professional looking clothesline installation even if I do say so myself. 

A couple of glasses of 2018 Shiraz with dinner - very 'Morish'...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 63: Sun 27 Aug 23 - Lightning Ridge

Day 62: Sat 26 Aug 23 - Goodooga to Lightning Ridge

Day 64: Mon 28 Aug 23 - Lightning Ridge to Molong