Thu 13 Jul 23 - Yeppoon
Weather: 17 reaching 22 Deg, cloudy and 15-25km/hr SE winds all day.
Another slow start today, but after coffee I was good to go for my morning walk - up more hills and along the beach. Being cloudy and windy, the view was fairly ordinary, but it was nevertheless very pleasant - we are loving the warmer weather. Back to the van for breakfast, then Noel and I went shopping to buy a few new clothes and shoes for Uncle. In the meantime, I got a call of help from my cousin (who lives in Mackay) to pop around to her elderly parents (Aunt & Uncle on Mum's side) to see if we could fix a leaking toilet and tap. With the help of my brother Steve, we ended up replacing the cistern and seals, but due to the age and poor condition of the existing plumbing, it took much longer than expected. All fixed, I returned to the van for a late lunch, then Noel and I visited Uncle and delivered his new attire - thankfully it all fitted and he was happy. He was much more chatty and alert today, and was moving more freely. When we left after about 1.5 hours, he set a solid pace to the front entrance in his new shoes. Back to the van, we had a late afternoon brew, then I climbed on the bike for a shortish but nice ride. Yummy Madras Beef Curry and rice for dinner and an early night followed. Tomorrow, we are heading to the big smoke in Rockhampton for the Home and Lifestyle Expo.
 |
| View from Spring Head Lookout along the main Beach towards Ross Creek |
 |
Walking along the main Beach towards Ross Creek
|
 |
| Love these murals on the amenities in Appleton Park opposite Yeppoon Main beach |
 |
Mural on the amenities in Appleton Park opposite Yeppoon Main beach
|
Comments
Post a Comment