Day 17: Wed 12 Jul 23 - Yeppoon
Wed 12 Jul 23 - Yeppoon
Weather: A milder 11 Deg this morning reaching 24 Deg, clear with a strong and fresh mainly SE wind all day, becoming overcast in the evening.
Neither of us had much sleep last night as Noel has a sinus infection and had coughing fits through the night. It was a slow paced day today, starting out with another long walk along the beach towards Farnborough, before returning for breakfast and doing few personal admin, before Noel and I ventured down to the Yeppoon Lagoon for a morning brew. It was quite windy, and remained so all day - the coffee was very enjoyable though. Later, I ventured up to visit Uncle and with the help of my brother, cleaned out the fish tank in his room which hadn't been cleaned for the past 6 months - at least we can now see fish in the tank. Uncle was not showing any signs of discomfort from his fall yesterday, although he was looking very tired and vague by the time I left at midday. Back at the van, Noel baked some scones which we enjoyed with Steve and Leonie, then I did some more personal admin in the afternoon, including helping my nephew write his resume. Later, I had another short visit to Uncle before returning for very tasty home-made chicken burgers for dinner, then we settled in to watch the State of Origin outdoors under the awning with my brother Steven and Leonie. Although a disappointing result, it was an enjoyable evening watching the game with my brother.
Sorry - very light on in photography today.
![]() |
| A windy morning at the Rocks Cafe - Yeppoon Lagoon |

Comments
Post a Comment