Tue 11 Jul 23 - Yeppoon
Weather: 10 Deg at 6am climbing to 25 Deg by mid afternoon. A light SSW breeze switching to a NE breeze in the late afternoon - overall a beautiful winters day.
I had a restless sleep last night and woke much earlier than usual, so I climbed out of bed and walked to the Yeppoon Lagoon and beach to catch the sunrise and take a few photos. It was very enjoyable, but after about 1.5 hours I headed back to the van for breakfast. My brother Steve and Leonie are staying in their caravan for the week at another nearby caravan park, and they called in for a coffee on their way past from their morning walk. After they left, I made the most of the beautiful weather, and rode out to Roslyn bay Harbour and the Bluff, then back to Yeppoon. Meanwhile Noel and Leonie spent some girl time together down the street. After lunch at the van, I visited an Aunt and Uncle on my mother's side who live nearby; the timing was perfect as I also caught up with my cousin Fay from Mackay. We will try to catch up again when we continue our trip north from Yeppoon in a few weeks. Next stop, was an afternoon visit to Uncle for a couple of hours - unfortunately, it wasn't the catch up that I had planned, as he had fallen shortly after lunch when trying to lay down on his bed for a nap. He looked quite distressed but thankfully he didn't hit his head, or sustain any injuries, other than a sore leg. He was clearly shaken, and he was monitored for a couple of hours, but he slowly became more alert and was back on his feet again in no time, albeit only within his room. I left him again at 4pm and returned to the van where Noel and I had a couple of beverages under the awning, before dinner and had an early night.
 |
Yeppoon Lagoon at sunrise
|
 |
Yeppoon Lagoon at sunrise
|
 |
Yeppoon Beach at sunrise
|
 |
| The Rocks Bar and Restaurant at Yeppoon Lagoon |
 |
| Yeppoon Lagoon looking towards Ross Creek at sunrise |
 |
| Yeppoon Beach at Sunrise |
 |
| Yeppoon Beach with sun rising over North Keppel Island |
 |
| Morning bike ride at Lammermoor Beach looking back towards Yeppoon |
 |
| Keppel Bay Marina (Rosslyn Bay) |
 |
| Rosslyn Bay |
 |
| Rosslyn Bay |
 |
Keppel Bay Marina (Rosslyn Bay)
|
 |
| Great bike path adjacent to Lammermoor Beach |
Comments
Post a Comment