Day 13: Sat 8 Jul 23 - Yeppoon

Sat 8 Jul 23 -  Yeppoon

Weather: 9 feeling like 6 Deg this morning, climbing to 23 Deg by 3pm. Another glorious sunny day with a very slight SW to SE breeze.

An early start with the not so nice chore of emptying the toilet cassette, then a very brisk morning walk through town, along the beach and back to the van for breakfast. Bunnings opened at 0700, and I was there 10 minutes later to buy a water pressure reducer. The water pressure in the park is very high, and noting I haven't had issues with the hot water heater leaking previously, I suspected the water pressure may be too high. I also checked the water heater for leaks using the 12v water pumps (which is much less pressure), and it appeared fine. So I purchased and fitted a 300kPa Water Pressure Reducer ($15) to the tap to reduce the water pressure before it gets to the van, and presto, it seems to have done the trick. With that task out of the way, I also set about repairing the torn bungee cord. It turned out easier than I expected, and also fitted a new carabiner in no time. Two repair jobs successfully completed by 0830, and feeling good about my handy man work, I walked down the street to shout myself a coffee at Baked on 44 - unfortunately I suspect the trainee barista was on duty, because the coffee fell well short of expectations. Meanwhile Noel went shopping to buy a couple of roast chickens and salad ingredients for lunch to have with Uncle and my brother Jason and his family. I met Noel back at the van, and we prepared a few salads, broke up the chicken and then headed up to Capricorn Gardens at 1030 where we all sat down together outdoors undercover in the BBQ area, chatting for a couple of hours before having an early Birthday lunch of roast chicken and salad together. It was a very pleasant few hours, but by 1300, we could see Uncle fading, so we packed up and left him to have a rest. Jason and his family returned to Gladstone (overnight stay in Rockhampton), while Noel and I returned to the van. Noel had a rest too, and I went out for a ride to make the most of the beautiful afternoon. At the end of my ride, I called back in to see Uncle again at Capricorn Gardens for another 40 minute visit, before returning to the van. It was such a beautiful afternoon, Noel and I then decided to go for a walk through town and along the beach, stopping at the outdoor stage where a trio was playing Creedance Clearwater Revival covers, with the beach and Keppel Islands as a backdrop. The group was excellent, and we sat there enjoying the music and atmosphere for about 40 minutes before we started getting cool, and returned to the van for the night, ending a great day. 


Morning Walk in Yeppoon

Morning Walk in Yeppoon

Afternoon ride - fisherman at Ross Creek

Afternoon ride - Yeppoon Main Beach

Entertainment at Yeppoon Beach - Chilli Peach

Entertainment at Yeppoon Beach - Chilli Peach

Enjoying the outdoors entertainment at Yeppoon Beach 

Enjoying outdoors entertainment at Yeppoon Beach



Walking along the Esplanade

Walking along the Esplanade

Walking along the Esplanade - Keppel Kraken


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 63: Sun 27 Aug 23 - Lightning Ridge

Day 62: Sat 26 Aug 23 - Goodooga to Lightning Ridge

Day 64: Mon 28 Aug 23 - Lightning Ridge to Molong