Day 11: Thu 6 Jul 23 - Gladstone

Thu 6 Jul 23 - Gladstone

Weather: Quite humid overnight, 16 Deg at 0600, reaching a very tropical 28 Deg by 1400.  Slightly overcast with a light breeze - it was a beautiful day. Loving this QLD weather, although it is unusual. 

Gladstone is surrounded by hills, and my morning walk took me up another one that I hadn't previously been to. Round Hill lookout has fantastic 360 Deg views around region. The last 300m is very steep, but it was well worth the effort. I've enjoyed finding new tracks and exploring new back streets around Gladstone this visit. The rest of the day was fairly quiet, spending time with Mum and my brothers who dropped around for visits. Back at the van, I did a few pre-departure checks, refuelled the tug, and went for a short 35 minute ride around the harbour again before going back to Mum's for dinner. Tomorrow morning we depart for Yeppoon for a three week visit.


From Round Hill Lookout - looking towards the Gladstone Power Station and Mt Larcom in the background

From Round Hill Lookout - looking towards the Gladstone CBD and harbour


From Round Hill Lookout - looking towards QAL

From Round Hill Lookout - looking towards the Boyne Island Smelter (with red mud dams in the foreground)

Another hilly 7km walk this morning a first on this hill for me.


Seeing all the people enjoying themselves sitting outside Auckland House in the warm weather as I rode past looked very appealing. 

A mandatory photo of HMAS GLADSTONE as I rode past  - a slightly different view.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 63: Sun 27 Aug 23 - Lightning Ridge

Day 62: Sat 26 Aug 23 - Goodooga to Lightning Ridge

Day 64: Mon 28 Aug 23 - Lightning Ridge to Molong